WORK AT BBELS
FITNESS TRAINER & ASSESSOR
We are expanding our education and are in the process of developing courses for the delivery of Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Fitness. We require a trainer with the following qualifications and experience to initially assist with the development of our course content, then to teach these courses to an enthusiastic cohort of international students.
Fitness Trainer and Assessor - Requirements and key selection criteria
Trainers and assessors are required to:
- Inspire and deliver the assigned programs using their extensive knowledge, past experience and examples guided by comprehensive learning materials
- Provide support and feedback to ensure successful completion of programs
- Monitor, mark and conduct student assessments
Key selection criteria:
- Must have Diploma of Fitness or appropriate higher education degree, Bachelor in Health Sciences / Sport and Exercise Science / Human Movement Science / Applied Science would be desirable
- Keen interest in teaching others
- Experience in Teaching or Lecturing is essential
- Confidence and motivation to deliver excellent teaching (i.e. face to face) in a classroom and gym environment
- Sensitivity to students of different cultural backgrounds
- A high level of attention to quality and detail
- Current employment in the Fitness Industry.
- Current membership of an Australian fitness professional body
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy level that is appropriate to teach others
- Must have a strong understanding of learning theory, particularly with course delivery for adults and higher education
- Minimum of 2 years industry/professional experience
- Must have Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Must have HLTAID003 Apply First Aid. HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid is desirable but not essential
We welcome enquiries for qualified teachers for employment at BBELS.
Our school require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and a TESOL qualification, consistent with NEAS accreditation. For further details of qualifications, please read NEAS website here.
If you have these requirements, please complete the form below. Once we have received your request we will contact you to submit your application.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – ENGLISH TEACHERS